Monday, March 12, 2007

Oh Happy Day!







Hey All. What a beautiful weekend it was. My kids and I went to the Bay area to visit family and friends. While there I visited a dear nursing school friend, Soon Hee. We hadn't seen each other for about a year, so it was so good to connect and get caught up on all the hap's. We both graduated
from San Jose State University in 1990.








We both have worked in maternal child health for most of our nursing career. Oh, and by the way, she liked my new do. So now I am 10 weeks locked up. Still so very happy about the whole thing. I am noticing that a few of mylocks have a mind of their own. I suppose that is part of the process. My beautician tried the braid out style, and I really like it.

4 comments :

  1. Helga said...

    So you found the sunshine this weekend too! You are looking good sis, and the hair is really coming along (I still want some of that fullness....;-)

  2. Sis. RJQueen10 said...

    Wow! Bay Area! Would that be Oakland, CA or San Francisco? I spent the first 15 1/2 years of my life, I grew up in Oakland! I love Texas, better.

    I guess I will be checking back with you every month. I have read your blog from beginning to end, so now I can add you to my blog list.

    Thanks again for stopping by my blog spot and leaving a comment!

    Sis. RJQueen10

  3. Abena Abena said...

    Aya,

    You look like you are really enjoying your locks, they are coming along nicely.

  4. Unknown said...

    Your hair looks great! I also go to KINKS, however, Shannon is my consultant, she started my sisterlocks on 2/6/2007. Maybe one day our paths will cross, I go every 2 weeks for retightening. Be Blessed!